Sunday 2 October 2011

Buzz off!

I meant to tell you about my nightmare journey on Saturday...the one where Dougal almost overheated and my mosquito bite on my foot was swelling up...well something else happened which tops them all!!!  In earlier posts you will have become aware of my phobia of wasps...well, guess what?  As I was driving towards Devon, I sensed an insect to the right of me and saw a yellow and black stripe out of the corner of my eye - it was literally centimetres from me...now I had 3 choices: (1) flap around (like I normally do) and cause an accident (2) stop the van in the middle of the road and jump out of the door and possibly cause an accident or (3) calmly open the window and pray that the little bug*er flies out the window.  I chose option 3 and thankfully he flew out.  All my windows were closed from that point on!  For safety reasons, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie have just had some bedtime reading of your blog- lovely to have loads of posts to catch up on. I am so glad you are documenting all of this. It will be wonderful to look back on in the future and say "I did that". I look forward to the next instalment! Xx

    ReplyDelete