Thursday 15 December 2011

Week 23

Oops...with all the excitement of getting Skye home, I totally forgot to do my weekly update.

The major news, of course, was Skye's operation.  Now that she's home it's actually been quite tough to adapt.  Skye has a new lease of life and is desperate to get outside and run and jump but she is restricted to the house for a month and, even in the house, she is not allowed upstairs, on the sofa or on her look-out post in my sun porch.  And on top of that, her food has been reduced by a third.  The quizzing looks she's giving me are unreal.  She's allowed out to do her business but she's quite fussy about where she goes and it's a battle of wills to get her to go.  I try to stay calm. I've tried the encouragement route and the silent route and nothing works. If I persevere, I WILL manage to break her OCD over her toilet movements.

I had my mum up for dinner on Saturday night and I made quite a feast: a roast chicken and trimmings followed by Jamie Oliver's Apple Pepper Pot Cake which was truly delicious.  You can probably tell that I am a huge Jamie fan and most of my favourite meals come from his recipes but I just love his enthusiasm for food. 

The week has also been about Christmas planning.  I put my tree up - and I'm so chuffed with it.  I have a purple tree - I don't think my photos will do it justice but I promise you it looks great.






 
So the party season is upon us and I have my first Christmas party next week followed by a dinner party at my house with some friends.  More cooking which I'm loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment