Tuesday 22 November 2011

Week 20

Look not from the mind but from the soul
For the life that is coming is already before us
Waiting to open up the world
Just look more closely
Find the eyes to see.

What a fantastic week.  Lots of amazing things happened this week...

First of all, I got news today that I passed my first module of my diploma which was a huge relief.  When you are studying from home, you have no one to compare answers with or chat to about the work so there's a bit of doubt when submitting answers - did I write enough/do I need to elaborate more/etc?  So getting a pass was an added bonus to a truly great week.

On Wednesday I visited one of my oldest friends - in terms of length of friendship not age.  "L" has recently moved to one of the most gorgeous parts of Scotland where she is undertaking a Sarah Beeny scale renovation of a mansion...or should I call it a castle?   I never quite know but it certainly is grand in scale and beauty.  L is a truly inspirational person as I watch her juggle workmen, 2 young children and 2 dogs whilst her husband works abroad. Often, when I spend quality time with a person, the repercussions reverberate for days afterwards.  And each time this happens, I never get a chance to thank that person or at least acknowledge the impact they have on my life.  Well, I'm trying to put this right by thanking L here and now for her words of wisdom.  One of our deep and meaningful conversations touched on life's regrets...I proudly sat there and convinced L that I had none.  Only later, when I was "going for it" in my body combat class, did it dawn on me that I do have one regret that I've kept locked away in my innermost soul for years.  I don't want to go into the details but I am so thankful that it has surfaced now and I am forced to deal with it because it will undoubtedly help me in the next phase of "finding myself".  I want to tell L that I appreciate our chats and you will never know how much they help me.

On reflection, it is poignant that certain friends pop into and out of our lives at exactly the time that we need them.

As if on cue, I went to visit another friend "M" the following day.  M is one of the most spiritual people I know and she always knows the right thing to say.  As if she read my mind (which was dealing with the issue of regret that I discovered yesterday) she offered me a foot spa which did a major detox of my whole system...the timing was perfect and helped me tie up a few lose ends in my head.  M's message to me is:

Find your passion and you will find your path.

She also provided the quote at the top of this post which she got from the magical book Celestine Prophecy - a must read for all!

To bring closure to my spiritual week, I had a lovely session of power yoga on Thursday which gives me a chance to connect with the soul and then a refreshing swim on Friday which cleansed the soul.  I cannot emphasise enough how this week's events were perfect timing in my life.  To celebrate all of this coming together I had a lovely night out with the girls on Friday.

As if that wasn't enough, I also have a holiday to look forward to.  This week, I'm off to Holland to visit my nephew, J.  You can read about his adventures on my sister-in-law's blog: http://shortbreadandstroopwafels.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment