Wednesday 30 November 2011

A new Challenge

I said at the start of this blog that I am challenging myself to refrain from buying any new clothes or shoes for at least 6 months (which will take me to the end of the year). 

Until last week, I have to say I was coping quite well and trained myself to recycle all Fat Face, White Stuff and Boden catalogues without even opening them.  Then I found myself with a couple of hours to kill on Edinburgh's Princes Street and couldn't help myself but have a sneaky "look" in the shops.  Luckily, I was travelling light to Holland later on that day and refused to pay Easy Jet's extortionate luggage charges so I had no room for new purchases...but it was difficult to drag myself away from the festive dresses - oh the sequins and the shoes - OMG the shoes!!!

I seem to respond well to self inflicted challenges and rarely give in so I decided to set myself another challenge starting 1st December:

I will not drink alcohol on my own in the house for the whole of December.  It might sound easy to some people but I have got myself into the habit of consuming a bottle of red wine over a Friday/Saturday night even when I'm staying in and watching TV.  I drink it because I like the taste - not to get drunk.  So, I'm allowed to drink when I'm out and when I have people over to my house but I'm not allowed to drink on my own.  I reckon the calories saved will only help with the indulgences of December.  And who knows, if I find it easy, I might continue it into the new year...though as I type this I'm actually craving a red wine right now and it's 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon...that's not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment