Tuesday 12 July 2011

Week 1

What an exciting week!  My first day of freedom was 4th July.  So I started my week by having a work detox with a session of reiki.  Trude Bacon was recommended to me through a friend. I really enjoyed my reiki and could feel almost weightless as my work stresses left me behind.


The second thing I did was cull my wardrobe.  I have stuffed my clothes and shoes into every nook and cranny in my house.  It was time for a major clean-up.  All items will eventually go to a charity shop but I wanted to give my friends the chance to rummage around so my spare room is now a little charity shop in itself. I have laid out all the clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, scarves, jackets and have asked friends to help themselves and leave a donation to charity in return. 


In order to stop over indulgence in “fashion” in the future, I want to challenge myself to avoid buying any new clothes or shoes for the next 6 months.  I will allow myself to buy from a charity shop but I want to prove that I can survive on a much lower income and test my resolve in case I end up being a student again.


Another great achievement this week was my visit to the Guide Dog Training Centre. I applied for voluntary work there and fingers crossed something comes up.  The centre is really well run with enthusiastic animal lovers – it would be amazing to work with like minded people and get motivation and ideas from them for my new career.


I also applied for voluntary work at the SSPCA and am on a waiting list.


The rest of the week I enjoyed doing the normal things at a slower pace...walking my dog, enjoying nature, visiting friends etc. The best thing is being able to sleep and wake up with my body’s natural alarm clock.  I feel so much more refreshed and alive! 


Oh and the last word on this week goes to my sister in law who helped me set up this blog.  Thanks for the advice and support.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment