Sunday 31 July 2011

Week 4


Meet Dougal...Isn’t he gorgeous?  Finally, after a long, long search I found my campervan!  I had a mighty long trip to collect him but he made it back safe and sound.  He gets his name from the Magic Roundabout character...
It felt wonderful to get rid of the “executive” car (if you can call an Astra that) and live life in the slow lane.  It adds to the whole "work detox" programme and it actually felt good to be driving slower and taking in the views rather than rushing everywhere. The best thing though is getting waves from fellow VW owners.  Without fail, every VW camper on the road acknowledged me!
This week has been full of highlights because I also had my induction at the Guide Dogs Association.  The dogs are wonderful - there is so much to learn but I LOVED working with animals and it confirmed that I am doing the right thing and am on the right path.
Another highlight was my Reiki 1 course which I did over 2 days at the beginning of the week.  The course was run by Trude Bacon (http://www.trudebacon.co.uk/) who is a truly inspiring person and a wonderful teacher and coach.  I learnt so much from her and am keen to continue practising so I can get to level 2.  I will be ordering a massage table next week so I can practise on friends and family – I’ll post more details next week.
Next week is a busy one because I have guests staying with me (they arrive tomorrow) and I also have a “trial” camp with my nephew, Dougal and Skye...it’s going to be so much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment