Monday 2 January 2012

Week 26 - Happy New Year!

Why is it when you have all the time in the world to do something, you put off till the last minute? 

Every year I have been organising and hosting a "Family Challenge".   The last 2 years, I've been working full time and have managed to carry off a massive event starting with a treasure hunt and ending with a pub quiz.  This year, I hadn't even planned the treasure hunt until Thursday and the Challenge was planned for Friday!!!  I have had all the time in the world to come up with the quiz questions and again I left it till the last minute...

Regardless, it was still a good event even though the treasure hunt involved walking and my family got soaked to the skin!  However the rest of the day went well...the Hague Hippos took an early lead but the Xtra Factors were only ever a few points away...they were catching up and it was neck and neck for a while until the quick fire rounds kicked in. The first was a "Who's line is it anyway" round and involved me and J reciting a famous line from a film and the first team to guess the film and actor got 2 points.  Even though the films ranged from 1960's to cartoons to recent films the Xtra Factors didn't stand a chance against my brother who always claimed he was Barry Norman/Jonathon Ross/Claudia Winkleman depending of which era you watched the "Film Programme".  Even when my brother retired to bed with "food and drink issues" the Hague Hippos won and took the trophy back to Holland with them.

Hogmanay was a quiet evening. I had drinks with my good friend Debbie and had a wonderful girlie chat, along with a few vodkas and home at a sensible time so as to do my first footing without a hangover.  Does all that make me sound old?  Well, it is the big year after all...40th birthday planning starts here and now....

No comments:

Post a Comment